No one has to do everything, but everyone can do something to be a little "greener". At Bender Menders, we try to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible. Our 9000 square foot facility has many “green” features such as:
- Xeriscape landscaping for low or no water useage
- High energy-efficient lighting to reduce energy needs
- Use of building materials manufactured within 500 miles
- We use a waterborne paint system to reduce VOCs, use less paint material and thus, have less waste.
- We have reduced our energy consumption by about 1/2 over our old facility. This has been accomplished by using a more energy-efficient light fixture in the shop area and building a "tighter" structure with better insulation.
- Our Nova Verta down-draft baking paint booth has many "green" features. It uses less energy right from the start and is a highly-efficient piece of equipment. It recycles its own heat during the baking process, so it costs less to run.
- The stone on our building was produced less than 30 miles away, which reduces the amount of energy needed to get the material on site.
- The entire break room cabinets have been recycled from a kitchen remodel in Highlands Ranch!
- 99% of the furniture in the building is reused
- Aluminum and scrap metal are recycled
- Landscaping is xeriscape with low to no-water required. This reduces our water consumption.
- Our toilets and drinking fountain are both low-water users.
- Ceiling tiles have high recycled content. reducing the need to use virgin materials.